“Can You Recommend Resources for Sharing Christ in a Secular Society?”
Hello, Mr. Gleghorn! I want to thank you for what you do. As a Christian, I find it to be of invaluable importance to remain current and educated in fields of history, science, logic and philosophy, etc. Age 20, I’m confronting more and more difficulty sharing Christ with generation in a secularized society that will less and less have Him. Any books you might recommend? Thank you!
Thanks for your letter. There are many good books and websites which address the concerns you have in one way or another. However, let me recommend two books and three websites that have personally been very helpful to me over the years.
1. An excellent popular-level book on apologetics and evangelism is I’m Glad You Asked by Ken Boa and Larry Moody: www.amazon.com/Glad-You-Asked–Depth-Difficult/dp/B004IEA2Z2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323708380&sr=8-1
2. A superb intermediate-level apologetics book is Reasonable Faith (3rd edition) by William Lane Craig: www.amazon.com/Reasonable-Faith-3rd-Christian-Apologetics/dp/1433501155/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1323708509&sr=1-1
3. An excellent popular-level website on apologetics is the Probe Ministries website here: www.probe.org
4. An excellent scholarly-level site (with some popular-level material) is the Reasonable Faith site here: www.reasonablefaith.org
5. Finally, a really great site for biblical and theological issues is this: bible.org
I hope these resources prove helpful as you continue to prepare yourself to give an account to all who ask about the hope that you have in Christ!
Shalom in Christ,
Posted Dec. 26, 2011
© 2011 Probe Ministries