Mind Games Camp
Students don’t have to “graduate from God” after high school! This total immersion week of worldview and apologetics, with lots of discussion and recreation built in, builds confidence for high school and college students that Christianity is true and it makes the most sense. You’ve probably heard or read that the vast majority of young
Christians are leaving the church after they graduate from high school. There are several reasons young adults leave the church, and many of them jettison their faith as well.
• The biggest reason is that their questions and doubts—which started in junior high school—were not answered by their parents or youth leaders.
• Another reason is that they don’t believe Christianity is true. Immersed in a cultural brine of religious lies and deceptions, they don’t know what the truth is and why biblical Christianity blows the false ideas and religions away.
• A third reason is that they caught their unbiblical beliefs and practices from their parents and other adults in the church. It turns out that Mom and Dad were almost as pickled in the cultural brine as their kids!
But Probe Ministries offers a great way to push back on these reasons.
Our summer Mind Games Camp is a total-immersion, life-changing week of instruction in worldview and apologetics designed to build students’ confidence that Christianity is true, and why Christianity is true. We give them understanding of how other people think and why Christianity is better because it matches reality. Then we teach them why they can be sure that God exists, why the Bible can be trusted, and how we can know that Jesus is God and the only way to heaven.
After these basics, campers learn how biblical principles apply to issues they need to grapple with:
• Truth and Grace about LGBT
• How Faith and Science Work Together
• Why a Good God Allows Pain and Evil
• The Value of Suffering
• How to Watch a Movie With Your Brains Switched On
• Genetic Engineering
• Understanding Islam, and more
But it’s not just lectures. Plenty of free time is built into the schedule for processing what they’ve learned and developing friendships with other campers. The relationships that students form at Mind Games is one of their biggest takeaways. With a max of 40 participants, everyone can enjoy connecting to other campers, and many of the friendships endure year after year.
The biggest reason for leaving the church is unanswered questions and doubts. Probe staffers assure students that Mind Games is a safe place to ask any question—anonymously—and address any doubt. Many of the questions campers come with, are answered during the week in our lectures and discussion times. Whether in large group or the many opportunities for one-on-one conversations with Probe teachers, campers have many ways to get help wrestling with obstacles to their faith.
For over 25 years, Mind Games alumni have grown into leaders on campus, in public service, in the military, and in the church. The fruit of their time with us is “fruit that lasts” (John 15:16).
Mind Games Camp 2022 is June 12-18 at Camp Copass in Denton, Texas, in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Some scholarships are available, courtesy of Interstate Batteries. Check out videos and much more information Probe.org/mindgames
Mind Games Camp 2022
Camp Copass, Denton TX
4:00 p.m. Sunday, June 12
9 a.m. Saturday, June 18
$495.00 (Optional $25 recreation fee for Ropes Course)